Pages

The Narrow Gate

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. Matthew 7:13

Wide = having a larger distance from one side to the other than is usual or expected.

Jesus made it clear that the going of being a follower is tough. The road to convenience and comfortable living is wide. What do we do to make sure that we are moving towards the narrow gate?


Strategy To Enter Through The Narrow Gate

1- Determine To Be Chosen

For many are called, but few are chosen
Matthew 22:14

In the Parable of the Wedding Party everyone was invited to the wedding, but the invitation went out in two parts. The 'A list', the respectable people were invited first, but they did not take the invitation seriously. They only pretended to accept. They lied. The result is that they didn’t show up.  The invitation was then sent out to the 'B' list which was everyone else including the street people, prostitutes, etc!

Being chosen is a decision we make. It is a commitment to listen to the voice of the one who chose us in the first place.

2- Determine To Follow

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
John 10:27

This has got to do with your determination to keep going. Following Jesus goes like this:

LISTEN
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. John 10:27

COUNT THE COST
But don't begin until you count the cost. Luke 14:26-28

GIVE UP
So no one can become my disciple without giving up everything for me. Luke 14:33

You cannot miss the narrow gate if you are wholeheartedly following Jesus and since we are at it, who are you leading towards the narrow gate? Because if you are a follower, this is not an option, it’s a must.

No comments:

Post a Comment